Free Certificate Generator
Most of the printable certificates on this site can be fully customized using our free online certificate maker. There is no need to register or to download any software. Within seconds you can personalize your certificate template with your own photos, logos, clipart and text. Just type in your details and save or print the certificate.
The certificate maker can be used in 4 different ways:
If you want to create your own certificate but use our borders then check out our huge selection of certificate borders. Once you select the border that you want to use our online certificate maker will open and enable you to customize the text, select an award ribbon and add clipart.
Create your own certificate template and select the border, ribbon, clipart (optional) and edit text.
Use the following specific award certificates which can also be personalized:
How to use the Free Online Certificate Maker
You can make your own certificate using our free online certificate maker. It is very user-friendly and you might not even need to read these instructions in order to make your own certificate but if you prefer or if you run into any issues then you can read the instructions below.
How to make a certificate
- Select the award certificate template that you want to make from the list above. We offer many different certificate templates for various achievements. You can also click on “customize” on any certificate template on this site. Once you do, the certificate creator will open. It might take a few seconds to load.
- Type the text that you want to appear on your award certificate.
- If the certificate template includes an image then upload an image or logo from your computer. You can add images of ribbons, logos or even photos. If you are awarding children add their photo or a photo of someone they look up to. It can be their favorite actor, pop star or even a photo of their pet. If the certificate does not have an image and you want to add one then just click on the image icon to add the image and drag it to wherever you would like it to appear.
- Once you have created the certificate you can save it or print it. It can either be saved as an image file or a PDF file. Most computers can open PDF files but if you have any issues then you might need to download Adobe Reader which is a free software that will enable you to open any PDF file from this site or any other site. You can still always download the certificate as an image if you prefer not to open it as a PDF file. When the file is heavy some users might not be able to download it as an image. The will get an error “download failed – network error”. If this happens then download your certificate as a PDF file.
- Print the certificate on stationery, parchment paper or card stock. You can buy these online or at your local office supply store. Before you print, preview the certificate to ensure that it fits perfectly.
- Sign the certificate or stamp it with your school logo or company’s logo / stamp (if you didn’t add a signature or logo online).
- Frame the award certificate. Although this step is optional it makes award certificates look far more impressive.
If you don’t have 2 – 3 minutes to use our certificate generator then you can just print a certificate template and fill in the details in your own handwriting. If you need an official looking certificate then we suggest that you take a few minutes to type in the details before you print it for a more professional look.
Ideas for Printable Certificates
As mentioned, you can customize most of the award certificates on this site. The heading can be changed as can the text. Therefore, they can be used for any purpose. Here are some ideas for certificates that you can create:
- Blank Certificate (just erase the existing text by clicking on the x)
- Certificate of Awesomeness
- Best Husband
- Best Wife
- Good Job