Print each Christmas border as is with no content or add your own text or images before you print. You can also add clip art to embellish the Christmas borders. There are many clip art images available (Christmas trees, Santa, Christmas lights, gifts, Santa’s helper, holly, snowmen, holly frames, snowflakes, reindeer, mistletoe, penguins, candy canes, poinsettias, cute elves, etc). Select the clipart images that you want to use and click on them. Move them around until you are satisfied with the final location. You can also make them larger or smaller.
Select a template from the selection below to edit and/or print:
Free Christmas Frames, Borders and Clipart
Free Christmas Borders
The following Christmas border images can be printed in high resolution and used for multiple purposes. You can download each one as an image or a PDF file.
With our free online border frame maker, you can create unique personalized Merry Christmas border templates. Add free Christmas border clipart with a click of your mouse. Add personalized text such as your name or Christmas greetings. You can then download your original artwork instantly without signing up or giving away your email address. Since we offer a wide variety of Christmas borders, you are sure to find one you love!
Select a template to edit and/or print
Christmas Border Clipart
You can create free Christmas clipart borders by either adding clipart to the borders above or creating a border with the clip art available by arranging however you want. If you would like us to add more Christmas frame clipart then please leave a comment below.
How to add Christmas border clipart free of charge
When you open any of the border templates above you will see a gallery of Christmas clip art images that you can use. There are many different types of images available (cute clipart, Christmas trees, holly, Santa Claus, gifts, stockings, wreaths, bells, etc).
Click on an image to add it to your border. Add as many pictures as you want. Let’s say, for example, that you want to create a holly border clipart. Click on the holly clipart as many times as you want to add a few images.
Move them around and change their size.
When satisfied you can download the border.
How to make a cute Christmas border
Follow the instructions below and select the cute clipart pictures such as the cute Santas.
There are also a few really cute borders that are ready-made and can be used as-is without adding clipart.
How to make a kids Christmas border
All the borders can be used for kids but some are more appropriate than others.
Select any border that seems appropriate then add some of the cute childish clipart options available.
What can these Christmas border templates be used for?
Since you can add your own text and images online the Christmas themed borders can be used for multiple purposes such as:
- Letter from Santa
- Letter to Santa
- A thank you letter for Christmas gifts
- Christmas party invitation
- Printable Santa Letters
- Christmas printables
- Santa letter template
- Letter to Santa template
- Christmas worksheets
- Printable Christmas games
- Printable Christmas cards
- Christmas stationery template
- Christmas invitation borders
- Holiday border images for signs during the festive season
What Format Can you Download these Borders in?
These Christmas borders can be downloaded as an image (in jpg, PNG or SVG format) or as a PDF document. To make a landscape Christmas border, right-click on the image and click on “rotate right” or “rotate left”. Not all of the borders can be rotated.
Santa Letter Border
How to Write a Letter to Santa using these Christmas Borders
There are two ways to use these free Christmas borders to write Santa letters:
- Select any Christmas letter border.
- Click on “customize” under the template and the certificate maker will open.
- You can use it to add text and images to write your Santa letter.
- You can also use the template to write a letter with Word. Simply open a Word document and insert the Christmas border as a background before or after you add your text. See the instructions below.
Most of the backgrounds are vertical (portrait) but some can be used horizontally (landscape) as well.
Christmas Borders for Word
You can make free Christmas border templates for Word with the images above. You don’t need to use the Christmas border for a Word document. You can edit it with our border maker. However, some people prefer to use Microsoft Word. For those people, see the instructions below on how to make free Christmas borders for Word with our templates.
- Select a Christmas page border from the selection above.
- Click on the download icon and select either the PNG or Jpg option. Don’t select the PDF option if you want to insert it into a Word document.
- Save the Xmas border on your PC.
- Open a Word document.
- Go to “Insert” -> “Pictures” -> “This device”. Find the downloaded file and click on it.
- Right-click on the Christmas border paper and go to “wrap text” and then “behind image”.
You can make any free Christmas templates for Word with this method. It is not limited to border templates.
If you need to make holiday borders for Word often, then save the blank border before you add content to it. That way you can use it over and over without having to delete the text each time.
How to Print
You can make free printable Christmas borders that can be printed at home or at your local copy store.
You can make a printable Christmas border by clicking on print. However, it is better to download the border and then to print it. Some users find that the print option does not fit on one page. Either way, check the preview before your print.
The file is 8.5 x 11 inches (letter size). However, if you want to print A4 size then simply select “fit to page” and your printer will resize the page.
How to add a Christmas border to a photo
You might want to add a photo to your festive border. With our app, you can do this in seconds.
- Click on the camera icon.
- Drop your images in the box that appears or click on it to find an image.
- Use this method to put a Christmas border around a photo. It is much easier to add a photo to the border than a border to the photo.