Select a printable certificate of recognition template below and customize it with your own text. There are many designs available. You can customize them all with our free certificate maker. You can also include a photo of the person receiving the award.
Certificate of Recognition Template
If you don’t like the designs below, use our free certificate maker to create additional recognition certificates. You can edit each element and choose from hundreds of designs and layouts.
This is a certificate of recognition sample template. If you edit it with the editable PDF file, you can edit the text but not the titles. You can also not change the border or the award ribbon. However, if you select the option to edit each element, you can select any border, font, or award ribbon. You can also change or move any element. Use these award templates to create certificates for employees for any purpose.
The following printables have a gold frame.
This is an example of the framed borders available. Once you click on the button below you will find many more designs.
Black and White Templates
These templates have a very formal format and layout.
A certificate of recognition is usually given to someone who has achieved a specific feat or done an excellent job in their work.
How to Customize the Template?
- Select a certificate of recognition template from the selection above.
- Click on “customize”.
- The template has sample certificate of recognition text but if you select the version below, you can change the wording and make any change you want to the text.
- Type all of the details: the name of the recipient, the reason for the reward, the date, and the name of the person or establishment presenting the award. For example: awarded to (recipient) in recognition of your donation to the Save the Dog Fund, or, for your outstanding service.
- If necessary, move the text around and/or make it larger or smaller.
- Once you are happy with the way it looks, click on download or print.
Tip: If you are using these certificate templates for volunteers then you might want to check out our volunteer appreciation certificate templates. You can use them to recognize a volunteer’s contribution. since you can customize all of the text, you can actually use them for any purpose even if it is unrelated to volunteers.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? We also have hundreds of free certificate templates available. Customize them with our certificate maker.
Employee certificates are a great way to show recognition. With our free certificate app, you can create certificates for employees for any purpose.
It takes a team to make your business a success and the more successful your employees are, the more successful your business will be. Employees are the heart of every business. However, many business owners do not know how to motivate them and keep them motivated.
Many managers ask themselves how they can motivate and encourage their staff in order to retain them. One of the best ways to retain them is to build a working environment that recognizes their contribution and achievements. A good recognition culture will help retain your company’s best people. Employee recognition is all about acknowledging the effort and accomplishments of your staff. Employee recognition is even more important today since globalization has opened more doors and opportunities for employees. You need to keep them content to retain them. To do this you need an effective appreciation and recognition program. Such a program will include many tools to ensure you stop to appreciate them and recognize their contribution. One of these tools is recognition certificates. When you don’t make a conscious effort to award a certificate or stop to praise someone you often get caught up in the day-to-day activities and forget to do it.
When you recognize employees for their work you not only encourage positive energy but it will increase profits in the long run.
A certificate of recognition should be written in a formal and respectful tone as if the person being recognized has accomplished something worthy of praise.
It should include the following information:
- The name of the organization recognizing the achievement
- The title of the achievement
- The date it was achieved
- Who it was achieved by
- An appropriate description of what they did to achieve this award.
See sample wording below.
Certificate of Recognition Wording
If you are looking for the right words for recognition certificates then you are sure to find appropriate wording below. We have included suggested wording for every kind of recognition award.
1. Certificates of Appreciation: Certificates of Appreciation are given to individuals or groups to express gratitude for their contributions, support, or service.
- “In appreciation of your outstanding dedication and unwavering support to our organization. Your contributions have made a meaningful difference.”
- “Presented to [Recipient’s Name] in recognition of your exceptional service and commitment to our community. Your selflessness is truly appreciated.”
- “For your continuous efforts in fostering teamwork and unity within our organization. Your leadership has strengthened our bonds.”
- “In recognition of your tireless advocacy for positive change in our community. Your dedication to making a difference is an inspiration to us all.”
2. Employee of the Month/Year: Employee of the Month/Year awards recognize outstanding employees within a company or organization for their dedication, hard work, and contributions.
- “Congratulations to [Employee’s Name] for being named Employee of the Month. Your hard work, leadership, and dedication inspire us all.”
- “We are pleased to recognize [Employee’s Name] as our Employee of the Year. Your outstanding contributions have set a high standard for excellence.”
- “For consistently going above and beyond in your role, and for being a role model to your colleagues. Your commitment to excellence is truly commendable.”
- “In honor of your exceptional teamwork and your ability to motivate and inspire your coworkers. Your positive influence is invaluable to our organization.”
3. Service Awards: Service Awards are given to employees or volunteers for their long-term commitment and service to an organization.
- “In honor of 10 years of dedicated service to our organization. Your commitment and loyalty have been instrumental in our success.”
- “Presented to [Recipient’s Name] for 20 years of outstanding service. Your contributions have been invaluable to our team.”
- “For your unwavering dedication to improving our community through volunteer work. Your generosity and selflessness have touched many lives.”
- “In recognition of your continued support and volunteerism, which have made a lasting impact on our organization and those we serve.”
4. Achievement Awards: Achievement Awards acknowledge specific accomplishments or milestones in various fields, such as academic achievements, sports achievements, or artistic accomplishments.
- “Congratulations on your remarkable academic achievement. Your hard work and determination have paid off.”
- “In recognition of your exceptional sportsmanship and record-breaking performance. Your dedication to excellence is truly commendable.”
- “For your outstanding contributions to the field of [Field], which have expanded our understanding and pushed the boundaries of knowledge.”
- “In honor of your exceptional artistic talents and your ability to inspire others through your creative expressions. Your contributions to the arts are celebrated.”
5. Leadership Awards: Leadership Awards recognize individuals who have demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities and skills.
- “Presented to [Recipient’s Name] for your exceptional leadership and visionary guidance. Your influence has inspired us all.”
- “In honor of your outstanding leadership qualities that have paved the way for our organization’s success. Your dedication is exemplary.”
- “For your ability to lead by example, inspire your colleagues, and foster a culture of collaboration and innovation.”
- “In recognition of your unwavering commitment to guiding and mentoring others in their personal and professional development.”
6. Community Service Awards: Community Service Awards are given to individuals or organizations for their significant contributions to the community through volunteering or philanthropy.
- “For your tireless efforts to improve our community’s well-being through volunteer work. Your compassion and selflessness shine brightly.”
- “In recognition of your outstanding contributions to local charities and your dedication to making our community a better place.”
- “Presented to [Recipient’s Name] in honor of your exceptional philanthropic endeavors, which have uplifted the lives of many in our community.”
- “For your continuous commitment to addressing critical social issues and your dedication to creating positive change.”
7. Lifetime Achievement Awards: Lifetime Achievement Awards honor individuals who have made enduring and significant contributions to their field or community over their lifetime.
- “Presented to [Recipient’s Name] in celebration of a lifetime of outstanding contributions to the field of [Field]. Your impact is enduring and inspiring.”
- “In honor of your lifelong dedication to humanitarian causes. Your legacy of service and compassion is truly remarkable.”
- “For your sustained commitment to advancing the arts and culture in our community, leaving an indelible mark on generations to come.”
- “In recognition of your remarkable career and your unwavering advocacy for positive social change.”
8. Innovation Awards: Innovation Awards acknowledge creative and groundbreaking ideas, products, or projects.
- “Congratulations on your groundbreaking innovation that has revolutionized [Industry/Field]. Your creative thinking is pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.”
- “In recognition of your visionary ideas and pioneering spirit. Your innovation has set a new standard for excellence.”
- “For your relentless pursuit of innovation and your dedication to finding solutions to complex challenges.”
- “In honor of your transformative contributions to [Industry/Field], which have reshaped the way we approach [Topic/Issue].”
9. Environmental Awards: Environmental Awards recognize efforts and contributions to environmental conservation and sustainability.
- “For your unwavering commitment to environmental conservation and sustainability. Your efforts are helping to protect our planet for future generations.”
- “In honor of your dedication to preserving our natural resources and promoting eco-friendly practices. Your work is making a significant impact.”
- “Presented to [Recipient’s Name] in recognition of your outstanding advocacy for environmental awareness and your dedication to fostering a greener future.”
- “For your leadership in implementing sustainable practices and your role in creating a more environmentally responsible community.”
10. Humanitarian Awards: Humanitarian Awards acknowledge individuals or organizations for their humanitarian efforts and contributions to improving the well-being of others.
- “Presented to [Recipient’s Name] for your tireless efforts to alleviate suffering and improve the lives of those in need. Your compassion knows no bounds.”
- “In recognition of your outstanding humanitarian work, which has brought hope and relief to countless individuals around the world.”
- “For your unwavering commitment to providing aid and support in times of crisis and for your dedication to fostering a more compassionate world.”
- “In honor of your continuous efforts to address critical global challenges, working tirelessly to improve the well-being of vulnerable populations.”
These additional examples provide even more templates for various recognition awards, including their explanations and wording samples that can be customized to suit specific achievements and occasions.
11. Teacher’s Recognition of a Student: Teachers often recognize students for their exceptional academic achievements, dedication, and growth. Examples:
- “In recognition of your outstanding academic achievements and unwavering commitment to excellence. Your dedication to learning inspires us all.”
- “Presented to [Student’s Name] for your exceptional leadership within our school community and your positive influence on your peers.”
- “For your continuous growth and determination in overcoming academic challenges. Your perseverance sets a commendable example for your classmates.”
- “In honor of your exceptional creativity and passion for [Subject/Activity], which have enriched our classroom and sparked enthusiasm in your fellow students.”
12. Company or Employer’s Recognition of an Employee: Employers often recognize employees for their outstanding performance, dedication, and contributions to the company.
- “Congratulations to [Employee’s Name] for your exceptional performance and commitment to our company’s success. Your dedication is truly appreciated.”
- “We are pleased to recognize [Employee’s Name] as our Employee of the Quarter. Your contributions have consistently exceeded our expectations.”
- “For your outstanding teamwork and your ability to go above and beyond to meet project deadlines. Your dedication to our company’s goals is commendable.”
- “In honor of your leadership and innovation, which have positively impacted our team’s productivity and the growth of our organization.”
- “This is to certify that [Name] has shown exceptional performance in our training program. The skills and knowledge she/he demonstrated are an important contribution to the success of our program.”
- “Proudly awarded to [name] for being a member of the board of directors of [company name] for ten years now. Your efforts are highly appreciated.”
- “This is to certify that [name] has shown exceptional performance in our training program. He/she performed with zeal and enthusiasm. We wish him all the best for a flourishing career ahead!”
- “This certificate has been awarded to [name] for exceptional performance in the customer service department. The skills and knowledge he/she demonstrated are an important contribution to the success of our company.”
11 Ways to Show Recognition
Give employees a recognition certificate
In a digital world, we rarely get a note or award that we can touch and feel. You can print a certificate of recognition for free so it won’t cost you anything. It will make the recipient feel recognized and appreciated. Frame the employee certificate so that it can be hung up to show others that effort is appreciated in your company.
Once a month or once every 6 months order lunch for everyone and have a get together at the office. Try to use this time to brainstorm or set future goals. Having lunch together will strengthen their bonds and interpersonal relationships and also make the employees feel appreciated.
If you don’t have a budget for lunch then snacks will work too.
Book a team-building activity
One of the best ways to strengthen bonds and interpersonal relationships is via a team-building activity. You don’t even have to organize it yourself since there are so many companies that will take care of that for you. However, if you don’t have a budget, then you can organize it yourself.
Recognize your employees’ birthdays
On their birthday send a small gift, call, send a message, or a greeting card. Make them feel appreciated. Celebrate at the office with a cake or give them the day off on their birthday. If an entire day off is too much then let them leave an hour or two earlier. It will make them feel like you care and make them care too.
Give employees extra time off
When employees reach goals reward them with some time off to recuperate. They will return to work refreshed and ready to reach new goals and heights.
When you encourage feedback from employees you are telling them that you value their opinion and that it matters to you. You will also be surprised by what you can learn when you listen to people with a different perspective. You might actually learn something!
Create a fun coffee station
Who doesn’t love coffee? Set up a fun and inviting coffee station. Treat your staff and buy tea, coffee, and cookies to show how much you appreciate them. Occasionally, you can buy donuts or other treats. It won’t cost that much but it will be appreciated.
Encourage education and promotion
Many people leave their job so they can pursue education or get a promotion. That is a lot of valuable experience and knowledge leaving your company. Encourage education and opportunities for promotion to prevent them from leaving.
Don’t forget to say thank you
Yes, you are paying them to do something and yes, they have to do it. However, saying thank you has a lot of power. Saying thank you is such a simple way to show appreciation yet it is more powerful than many think.
Many employees want to hear they have done a good job from their managers. It not only makes them feel good but lets them know they are going in the right direction.
Create a wall of fame
We offer free printables for employee of the month. Why not print one each week and create a wall of fame? This will make employees feel proud and motivate them to be selected. Their motivation will in turn help your business. You can also give employees a Year of Service award certificate to make employee anniversaries.