A variety of free printable swimming certificates.
What can these swimming certificates be awarded for?
- Swim lesson certificates
- Swim team awards
- First, second and third place in a competitive swim meet or even a competition at home
- Personal best time
- Season best time
- Winning a heat
- Finishing in the top three or top five
- Learning how to swim breaststroke, freestyle, backstroke and/or butterfly
- Performing all four strokes (breaststroke, freestyle, backstroke, butterfly) correctly
- Overcoming a fear of water and learning to swim
How to help kids overcome a fear of water?
Award certificates together with positive encouragement are great tools to overcome a fear a water and encourage kids to give swimming a chance!
Award certificates can be used for children who have overcome a fear of water and are learning to swim. Use them to enoucarage and motivate them and to boost their confidence. In addition to the printable certificate don’t forget to complement the child for his efforts. Encouraging words from parents and the coach can help the child overcome any fear and learn to swim. Often, once they start learning and realize how much fun it can be and how much positive reinforcement they are receiveing they change their attitude and start enjoying swimming. Initially, you might need to encourage and award kids for just getting into the water but once they feel like their effort has been recognized then they might be more open to learning and gain water confidence.